The first of January, 2001, the Canadian Federal Government enacted a new law, THE PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION AND ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS ACT (PIPEDA). The personal information about an identifiable individual is protected by this new law.
At Kintetsu International Express (Canada) Inc., (hereinafter referred “KIE”) we are committed to providing our customers with exceptional services. As providing this service involves the collection, use and disclosure of some personal information about our customers, protecting their personal information is one of our highest priorities.
1. KIE places strict controls on personal information that is provided by customers visiting our website or our agents.
2. KIE has appointed a privacy officer to comply with the law and privacy assistants who are responsible for personal information. Their role is to ensure that the personal information entrusted with us is secure and will not be used for purposes other than what is necessary to offer the service our customers deserve.
3. The information KIE asks and collects is necessary in order to identify, contact you and process your requests. This information includes name, address, phone number and e-mail address. We may ask for more information with your consent to provide services you need.
4. KIE uses or discloses personal information where necessary to fulfill the purposes identified at the time of collection, such as booking hotels and airline.
5. KIE lays down KIE PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION POLICY, train employees and conducts internal audits regularly to protect personal information strictly.
6. KIE will make responsible effort to ensure that the information is accurate and complete. We respond to requests from customers to inquire and correct information after we verify identification.
KIE upholds the PIPED and maintains implementation. KIE informs our customers of why and how we collect, use and disclose their personal information, obtain their consent where required, and only handle their personal information in a manner that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances. We may disclose the information without consent to respond to requests from police departments, Japanese consulate or other official body when necessary.
The Purpose of Using Personal Information
The information KIE asks and collects is used in order to identify, contact you and process your requests. We disclose and use the information to third parties to process your requests, such as booking hotels, airline and online purchases. KIE also uses the information to provide to customers our better services and new products.
Contact information about Personal Information
KINTETSU INTERNATIONAL EXPRESS (CANADA) INC.
♦ VANCOUVER OFFICE
ADDRESS: 1140 West Pender Street, Suite 910, Vancouver BC V6E 4G1
TEL (604) 638-9300
♦ TORONTO OFFICE
ADDRESS: 1450 Meyerside Drive, Suite 305, Mississauga ON L5T 2N5
TEL (905) 670-8710
Providing Personal Information to Third Parties
KIE discloses and uses personal information to process our services following the purpose at the time of collection. KIE provides the information to duty-free shops and other shops for your convenience during your trip. At that time we provide your name, passport number and flight number to third parties. Please contact us if you wish not to have us use your information for this purpose.
Process of Discontinuance of Disclosure, Correction and Use
KIE will make responsible effort to ensure that the information is accurate and complete. We will discontinue sending any new information about our services by e-mails or direct mails when we receive requests from our customers. Please ask us about procedures for discontinuance of receiving any services, disclosure to third parties, correction, use and request of deletion of your personal information. We correspond promptly to your requests after verifying your identification and we may explain the disability to make any changes under specific circumstances.