Tour ID: K1048
Popular plan in Asakusa now launched in Ryogoku every Thursdays! Watch a Sumo performance and try Chanko-nabe hotpot (Sumo wrestlers’ dish) and Jingisukan (lamb BBQ)
Sumo Demonstration: with an explanation of the history, movements, training and tournament of Sumo wrestling. After the demonstration, you will have a chance to fight with the wrestlers and take photos! Demonstration is in English! Reference material in Chinese is also available.
Chanko-nabe: a typical Sumo wrestlers’ hot pot dish. It generally contains meatballs, various vegetables and udon noodle. It is a nutritiously-balanced dish. Menu: Chanko-nabe・Genghis Khan Bento Box・Sorbet
Venue: Genghis Khan Yukidaruma Ryogoku Beya
Address: Ozaki Building 3F, 3-24-1, Ryogoku, Sumida-ku, Tokyo
Access: 1 min walk from East exit of JR Ryogoku station
★★No tour guide is provided on this plan. Please make your way to the venue by yourself.★★
Necessary documents will be sent out to you by email. Please print them out and bring with you on the tour date.
[Please write in the Additional Information section of the booking form] – Mobile phone number which works in Japan. If you don’t have a number, please write your hotel name, check-in date and reservation name.
Breakfast: 0 / Lunch: 1 / Dinner: 0 / Light meal: 0
Disclaimer and Cancellation Policy
Designated place (Tokyo)
This particular course is operated as a free plan tour, therefore there will not be any language support from a tour conductor. We will however, provide the final confirmation and itinerary in the preferred language of your choice.
Minimum number of participants for operation
*When the participants does not reach the number above, the tour will not be operated. If this is the case, those who have made a reservation will be informed of the matter by 14 days prior to the scheduled departure date (by 4 days prior to the departure in case of a Day-tour).
Minimum number of participants for booking
Transportation, accommodation, meal(s), admission fee(s) specified in the itinerary and taxes. None of these expenses will be refunded even if the participant does not use them for whatever reason.
Items not included
Any expenses not specified in the itinerary (e.g. personal expenses, optional tours.)
Items included in “Infant price”
Meal and seat are included.
- Demonstration and lunch starts on schedule. You can participate on the tour even if you are late, but no refund/discount will be made. You will sit on a Tatami-mat floor for the demonstration, and your seat is reserved from the front row in order of the tour reservation. Any request of the seat reservation cannot be accepted. We can arrange to provide a chair upon your request. At the lunch venue, please note that your table may be separated/mixed, depending on the number of people in your group.
- Please note that we will not be responsible for any troubles/accidents/theft or injury in the tour venue. Please follow the instructions. Any participants who break the rules/manners and/or bother other people will be asked to leave. In this case, no refund will be made. Sumo demonstration will be carried out in English.
- About the dish: Chanko-nabe will be prepared in a huge hot-pot for everyone and served to each one of you. There will be no hot-pot on each table. You will have free refills until the hot-pot becomes empty. You cannot bring your own food/drinks with you. We can accept vegetarian requests, but this depends on dates, so please contact us. Contents of the menu may change due to product seasonality/market situation. Some dishes are served by the table, not individually.
- We will not be responsible for any delays, shortenings or omissions made to the itinerary due to circumstances beyond our control (traffic, weather etc.)
- A decision on whether to cancel the tour will be decided by 3pm Japan Standard Time one day before the tour date. We will inform you by e-mail.
- The amended Act on the Protection of Personal Information came into effect on 30 May 2017. Customer information (name, age, gender etc.) may be forwarded to the hotels or necessary entities for the purpose of making tour arrangements. This condition shall be deemed to have been accepted by the customer upon completion of the reservation.