Tour ID: J1405
Visit 8 famous cherry blossom places in Kyoto:
1. Arashiyama cherry blossom boat ride (30 minute cruise)
2. Arashiyama: explore this popular district of Kyoto transformed into a pink wonderland.
3. View a cherry blossom tunnel from the Randen tram.
4. Moto-Rikyu Nijo Castle, a World heritage site Entrance to Ninomaru Palace requires a separate fee of JPY400.
5. Nanzen-ji Temple: See cherry blossoms and the Suirokaku aqueduct.
6. Philosopher’s Path: Look forward to seeing the line of cherry trees along the canal.
7. Keage Incline – a historic spot on the Kyoto side of the Biwako Canal that looks beautiful when 500m of cherry trees are in full bloom.
8. Sewari-tei: a levee with 1.4km of cherry blossoms. This is a viewing spot only known by a few people!
*Peak viewing period is late March~early April.
Breakfast: 0 / Lunch: 1 (Lunch Box) / Dinner: 0 / Light meal: 0
Disclaimer and Cancellation Policy
A tour conductor or staff of your preferred language will accompany the tour from the designated meeting place (at a designated airport in case of a tour with airplanes) and provides the participant with basic information necessary for the tour (such as meeting place and time at each stop etc) in your preferred language. Information on sightseeing in the areas of tour destinations will not be provided. However, brochures in your preferred language will be provided.
Minimum number of participants for operation
*When the participants does not reach the number above, the tour will not be operated. If this is the case, those who have made a reservation will be informed of the matter by 14 days prior to the scheduled departure date (by 4 days prior to the departure in case of a Day-tour).
Minimum number of participants for booking
Transportation, accommodation, meal(s), admission fee(s) specified in the itinerary and taxes.
*None of these expenses will be refunded even if the participant does not use them for whatever reason.
What’s not included
Any expenses not specified in the itinerary (e.g. personal expenses, optional tours.)
What’s included in Infant Price
Bus seat, Randen tram fare and entrance to Nijo Castle.
Premium Bento option
For an additional JPY500, you can upgrade the standard bento lunchbox (no tea) that is included on this tour to the bamboo shoot bento lunchbox (with tea)
If interested, please let us know at the time of booking or 5 days before your trip at the latest. Credit card payment only.
- The order of the itinerary is subject to change. This is particularly relevant for the Randen tram. While the pamphlet says the journey is between Arashiyama → Kitano-Hakubaicho Station, this could be done in reverse.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and loose fitting clothing as there will be a lot of walking involved.
- The Randen tram ride will be shared with the public so you may not be able to sit down. Furthermore, there will a transfer at one point during the journey.
- Depending on how congested the various places are, we may have to shorten our visit or in extreme cases, not visit the place(s) altogether.
- The cherry blossom season is dependent on the weather. Once the tour is confirmed to depart, in principle it will go ahead even if you cannot enjoy the cherry blossoms at their peak. However, there are cases where parts of the itinerary may change or even the cancellation of the tour. We will let you know in advance if such a situation should arise on your tour.
- This tour is operated with a mix of Japanese and foreign passengers.
- The tour conductor will arrive at the meeting place via different departure points to pick up other guests. Although the tour conductor/sightseeing bus could be late to the meeting place due to road conditions, they will eventually arrive, so please wait at the designated meeting point.
- For the smooth operation of the group tour, we are responsible for allocating the seating for the transportation (bus, trains etc.) used during the tour and at facilities where seats are designated.
- We will not be responsible for any delays, shortenings or omissions made to the itinerary due to circumstances beyond our control (traffic, weather etc.)
- A decision on whether to cancel the tour will be decided by 3pm Japan Standard Time one day before the tour date. We will inform you by e-mail.
- The tour end point may be different from the meeting point. Ask the tour conductor on the day.
- The amended Act on the Protection of Personal Information came into effect on 30 May 2017. Customer information (name, age, gender etc.) may be forwarded to the hotels or necessary entities for the purpose of making tour arrangements. This condition shall be deemed to have been accepted by the customer upon completion of the reservation.