Tour ID: 77582
1. Travel along the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route and enjoy walking through the ‘Snow Corridor’ [from mid April to mid June] where the walks on either side can reach an impressive 20m high!
*Travel through the full Alpine Route from Tateyama Station (Toyama Prefecture) to Ogizawa Station (Nagano Prefecture).
*Murodo: Visit a Yuki no Otani (Snow Wall) Festival
*The Snow Wall Walk is subject to cancellation if the weather is deemed too dangerous.
*For the Tateyama Cable Car segment of the route (Tateyama Station~Bijodaira) you may travel by a replacement bus service instead.
2. Explore the World Heritage site Shirakawa-go, a village of traditional thatched roof farmhouses, that represents what used to be a traditional way of rural life in Japan.
3. Appreciate the historic streets of Hida Takayama.
4. Please enjoy dinner on the first day around Toyama Station by yourself.
Day 1 Bento Lunchbox Option
・JPY1,000 with tea (tax included)
・If interested, please indicate your interest at least 7 days before the trip.
・Please pay the tour conductor in cash on the day.
・Please consume on the bus.
・If you are not interested, then please bring your own lunch or buy it during a break in the tour.
Breakfast: 0 / Lunch: 0 / Dinner: 0 / Light meal: 0
JR Nagoya West Exit (Taiko-dori) ESCA Underground Shopping Mall (Meet 8:20) ※From 27 Apr to 6 May, departure time will be 30 mins earlier at 7:50. Please check a different tour page for those dates. Hida Takayama (Stroll in a quaint town. / Have lunch individually. / approx. 2 hours) Shirakawago (Explore the World Heritage Site Shirakawa-go gassho-zukuri farmhouse village / approx. 90 mins) Toyama・Apa Hotel Toyama or a similar class hotel (Overnight) ※After arrival, you are free to choose where you would like to eat in Toyama.
Hotel: Apa Hotel Toyama or a similar class hotel
Breakfast: 1 / Lunch: 0 / Dinner: 0 / Light meal: 0
Toyama Tateyama Bijodaira [Tateyama Highland Bus] Murodo (Snow Wall Walk limited for this season only / approx. 20-50 mins) [Tateyama Tunnel Trolley Bus] Daikanbo [Tateyama Ropeway] Kurobedaira Lake Kurobe Kurobe Dam [Kanden Tunnel Trolley Bus] Ogizawa Station Azumino Nagoya Station (Scheduled 20:20)
Disclaimer and Cancellation Policy
A tour conductor or staff of your preferred language will accompany the tour from the designated meeting place (at a designated airport in case of a tour with airplanes) and provides the participant with basic information necessary for the tour (such as meeting place and time at each stop etc) in your preferred language. Information on sightseeing in the areas of tour destinations will not be provided. However, brochures in your preferred language will be provided.
Minimum number of participants for operation
*When the participants does not reach the number above, the tour will not be operated. If this is the case, those who have made a reservation will be informed of the matter by 14 days prior to the scheduled departure date (by 4 days prior to the departure in case of a Day-tour).
Minimum number of participants for booking
Transportation, accommodation, meal(s), admission fee(s) specified in the itinerary and taxes. None of these expenses will be refunded even if the participant does not use them for whatever reason.
Any expenses not specified in the itinerary (e.g. personal expenses, optional tours.)
*Items included in Infant Price (3-5 years old): bus seat only (no meals or bedding).
Regarding the Alpine Route:
- 1.【Yuki no Otani (Snow Wall Walk)】 This is a special event. For safety reasons, the organizer may cancel or shorten the time of the event due to low visibility, snow, snow removal operation, and other operational reasons.
- 2. A bus may be used instead of the Tateyama Cable Car between Tateyama and Bijodaira.
- 3.Please be aware that due to possible heavy congestion along the route, the departure time of Day 2 may be quite early in the morning.
- 4. Due to traffic congestion on the Alpine Route, the arrival time may be significantly delayed. In case of very late arrival any additional expenses incurred (accommodation, taxi fee, food etc.) will be at your own expense.
- 5. Please wrap up warm and bring a jacket that is light enough to comfortably carry around. A raincoat is also recommended.
*Wearing clothes and shoes that let you move easily and comfortably is strongly recommended, as this tour includes a lot of walking.
*The order of the itinerary is subject to change.
*This tour is operated with a mixture of Japanese and foreign guests. However a staff member will give you the basic information, such as meeting place and time at each stop in English or Chinese, although they won’t give you detailed information on the places visited.
- We will not be responsible for any delays, shortenings or omissions made to the itinerary due to circumstances beyond our control (traffic, weather etc.)
- A decision on whether to cancel the tour will be decided by 3pm Japan Standard Time one day before the tour date. We will inform you by e-mail.
- The tour end point may be different from the meeting point. Ask the tour conductor on the day.
- The amended Act on the Protection of Personal Information came into effect on 30 May 2017. Customer information (name, age, gender etc.) may be forwarded to the hotels or necessary entities for the purpose of making tour arrangements. This condition shall be deemed to have been accepted by the customer upon completion of the reservation.