Tour ID: 22900
A very popular tour so spaces run out fast!
◆Experience drift ice on the Sea of Okhotsk, a must-do activity in the winter! Get on board the Monbetsu Icebreaking ship Garinko II (60 mins) and see the drift ice from inside the ship or from the outside observation deck.
Drift ice season (source: Monbetsu Tourism Exchange Promotion Office)
2018: February 1 (first day), February 5 (first day approaching shore) and March 28 (last day)
2019 January 26 (first day), February 12 (first day approaching shore) and March 5 (last day)
◆Get 1 famous “Kani Mayo Ball” at Dezuka Suisan, a long-established kamaboko (deep-fried fish cake) shop in Monbetsu city.
◆Visit Marukaichi Suisan in Monbetsu to shop for crabs and other seafood products.
◆Enjoy shopping at Kitano Mori Garden in Kamikawa town and receive “Kita-dora”, a famous local pancake filled with sweet bean paste, one per person.
Dinner Bento Option Crab Rice Bento (no tea): JPY1,200 *If interested, please mention so in the ‘Additional Information’ box when booking or fill in the inquiry form at least 7 business days before departure.
*Please pay a member of staff on the day in cash.
Breakfast: 0 / Lunch: 1 (Lunch Box) / Dinner: 0 / Light meal: 0
Disclaimer and Cancellation Policy
A tour conductor or staff of your preferred language will accompany the tour from the designated meeting place (at a designated airport in case of a tour with airplanes) and provides the participant with basic information necessary for the tour (such as meeting place and time at each stop etc) in your preferred language. Information on sightseeing in the areas of tour destinations will not be provided. However, brochures in your preferred language will be provided.
Minimum number of participants for operation
*When the participants does not reach the number above, the tour will not be operated. If this is the case, those who have made a reservation will be informed of the matter by 14 days prior to the scheduled departure date (by 4 days prior to the departure in case of a Day-tour).
Minimum number of participants for booking
Transportation, accommodation, meal(s), admission fee(s) specified in the itinerary and taxes. None of these expenses will be refunded even if the participant does not use them for whatever reason.
Items not included
Any expenses not specified in the itinerary (e.g. personal expenses, optional tours.)
Items included in Infant Price
Bus seats only. Meals, “Kita-dora” sweets and “Kani Mayo Ball” are not included.
- The cruise lasts for around an hour, but this is subject to change depending on ice conditions on the day.
- If there is no drift ice on the route, then it will become a sightseeing cruise instead.
- Since drift ice is a naturally occurring phenomenon, you are not guaranteed to see them on the tour day especially if the tide or wind is strong. Please note that the operation of the icebreaker ship is not dependent on the presence or absence of the drift ice. Furthermore, the ship will be suspended if there is inclement weather or sea conditions are deemed dangerous. In that case, the tour conductor will refund the group boarding fare.
- Please wear warm clothing and walking shoes.
- Although this tour is set to leave at 6:50am, the registration process of passengers will take place 10-15 minutes before boarding the bus, so please arrive at the meeting place by then.
- Depending on road conditions, the scheduled return time to Sapporo Station North Exit may be later than stated.
- Depending on the road conditions on the day, the order of the itinerary may change.
- This tour is operated with a mix of Japanese and foreign guests.
- Please be aware that some ingredients, especially seafood, may change depending on the catch and stock availability.
- We will not be responsible for any delays, shortenings or omissions made to the itinerary due to circumstances beyond our control (traffic, weather etc.)
- A decision on whether to cancel the tour will be decided by 3pm Japan Standard Time one day before the tour date. We will inform you by e-mail.
- The tour end point may be different from the meeting point. Ask the tour conductor on the day.
- The amended Act on the Protection of Personal Information came into effect on 30 May 2017. Customer information (name, age, gender etc.) may be forwarded to the hotels or necessary entities for the purpose of making tour arrangements. This condition shall be deemed to have been accepted by the customer upon completion of the reservation.