|JR Network map||Ultra High Travel Season (under step 2)||Exchange ticket offices with hours|
◆◆◆ COVID-19 RELATED OFFICE CLOSURE ◆◆◆
Our Toronto and Vancouver offices are temporarily closed until further notice. Online orders are temporarily suspended.
BUY YOUR JR PASS ONLINE TO SAVE TIME!
Simply fill out the online purchase form and make a payment via PayPal (automatic transfer to PayPal site for a credit card payment). Then, you just come to our office to pick up your Japan Rail Pass exchanges orders to save time.
WALK IN ONLY TO GET a 21-day Ordinary and/or Green pass(es)
You can place an online order for a 7-day and/or 14-day pass(es). Please contact Toronto office for the duration of 21-day pass(es).
KINTETSU ADVANTAGE! BUY YOUR RAIL PASS WITH CONFIDENCE
You have an option to purchase your Japan Rail Pass from sellers located outside of Canada. But, please consider the following:
- We waive any cancellation fees if the reason is beyond your control (i.e. SARS, COVID-19)
- Our selling prices are very competitive (POSSIBLY LOWEST!)
- Their shipping charges are often more than ours
- Your shipping must go through the Canada Customs (potential delay)
- As usually priced in US$ or Euro, you must pay a premium (difference between two different currencies) and your credit card company’s surcharge (usually 2.5-3%)
- You are likely to pay more than a $50 or more courier fee when you request a refund
You can eliminate all by purchasing your Japan Rail Pass from KIE Canada.
In addition, we offer a very friendly service!
WHAT’S A JAPAN RAIL PASS?
- With a JAPAN RAIL PASS, you can freely board almost any train on Japan Railways Group (JR Group) lines throughout Japan. For modern, convenient sightseeing, JAPAN RAIL PASS is a traveler’s best friend.
- A regular round-trip ticket between Tokyo and Osaka usually costs around 30,000 yen. With a 7-day rail pass, you can make this trip and much more… and for 7 consecutive days!
- The Japan RAIL PASS is not valid for “NOZOMI on JR TOKAIDO/SANYO” & “MIZUHO on JR SANYO/KYUSHU” Shinkansen trains. If you use a “NOZOM/MIZUHO trains”, you must pay the ordinary fare and the limited express charge, and if in a Green car, the Green car charge.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR A JAPAN RAIL PASS?
The Japan Rail Pass is available to:
- A foreign tourist visiting Japan from abroad for sight-seeing, under “temporary visitor” entry status.
- Caution: If you enter Japan via an automated gate (unmanned immigration), you must request an immigration stamp/sticker to be placed on your passport. Otherwise, you will not be able to exchange your JR Pass exchange order.
- A Japanese national living in a foreign country who is a permanent resident of that country (sale terminated on March 31, 2017, but sale resumed on June 1, 2017 with some conditions). Last day to purchase exchange orders has been extended to Dec. 31, 2023
- If you are a Japanese national who holds multiple passports, you must enter Japan with a passport other than Japanese (i.e. Canadian passport).
- Caution: If you enter Japan under any other official status, such as “Trainee,” “Entertainer,” or “Reentry Permit,” you cannot change the Exchange Order for a JAPAN RAIL PASS. Please note that according to strict interpretation of the Japanese Immigration Law, “Temporary Visitor” status differs even from other types of stays that are also for only short time periods.
HOW TO OBTAIN A JAPAN RAIL PASS?
- You must purchase a Japan Rail Pass Exchange Order prior to your arrival in Japan. Kintetsu International Express (Canada) Inc. is an authorized sales agent for Japan Railways Group and offers a full selection of rail options.
- Japan Rail Pass is now available in Japan. However, you must pay MORE. “JAPAN RAIL PASS” sold in Japan (now – March 31, 2021) Click HERE for more information.
JAPAN RAIL PASS TYPES AND PRICES
- There are two types of JAPAN RAIL PASS: Green (for superior-class Green cars), and Ordinary. Each of these types is available as a 7-day, 14-day, or 21-day PASS.
LOCAL CURRENCY PRICES are as follows:
CA$ SELLING PRICES: Published at top right corner
Effective October 1, 2019 until further notice:
|TYPE||GREEN (1ST CLASS)||ORDINARY (2ND CLASS)|
|DURATION||ADULT (12 years old & up)
||*CHILD (age 6-11 years)
||ADULT (12 years old & up)
||*CHILD (age 6-11 years)
|07-day||39,600 YEN||19,800 YEN||29,650 YEN||14,820 YEN|
|14-day||64,120 YEN||32,060 YEN||47,250 YEN||23,620 YEN|
|21-day||83,390 YEN||41,690 YEN||60,450 YEN||30,220 YEN|
*Child age is based on the day our exchange order is issued.
Any children under 6 years old travel free, but no seat is allowed.
If you would like a seat for your child, please purchase a child pass.
- The validity period of the JAPAN RAIL PASS is the consecutive 7, 14, or 21 days beginning on the date the PASS is first used.
- Within three months from the date the Exchange Order was issued, you must turn in your Exchange Order to obtain your JAPAN RAIL PASS.
- At that time, you have to specify the date that you want to start using the PASS. It can be any date within one month from the date the PASS is issued/received. Assuming you receive your Japan Rail pass on August 20, your first date can be as far as September 19.
- Once the PASS has a starting date written on it, the date cannot be changed.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
- The order is refundable if it is returned unused to the place of issue within one year of the date of issue. The amount refunded will be the amount paid less any applicable service charge and communication expenses (usually 15% of the purchase price).
LOST AND THEFT
- Neither the Exchange Order or JAPAN RAIL PASS will be reissued if lost or stolen. Please take care to keep these in a safe place.
PRICES & SHIPPING
- Our current selling prices in CA$ are shown at top of the page (right hand).
- Local pick ups are available in Toronto & Vancouver at no cost.Please note pick up at Vancouver – Must be prepaid, pick up only Monday to Thursday.
- If you have enough time before departure, we can provide a FREE SHIPPING by regular mail at your own risk.
- Shipping from Toronto: Within Ontario & Quebec is $12.00 per shipping.
- Shipping from Vancouver: Within BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan & Manitoba is $12.00 per shipping. Rest of Canada: $20.00 per shipping.
- If your departure is less than 10 days, please contact us first prior to placing an order as we may utilize a different shipping method.
- We have Toronto Pearson International AIRPORT DELIVERY SERVICE within our business hours: $50.00 + HST … Please kindly call us.
OFFICIAL JAPAN RAIL PASS WEB SITE
- Click here for the official web site.
JAPAN RAIL PASS EXCHANGE OFFICES & HOURS
- Please click here for details.
- Are you visiting specific regions of Japan? We recommend that you purchase JR regional pass(es).
- Contact us for current selling Canadian dollar price.
- All of regional passes are not available to Japanese passport holders.
- We offer the following regional passes at competitive price:
EAST JAPAN AREA (including Hokkaido)
- Hokkaido Rail Pass
- East-South Hokkaido Rail Pass
- JR Tohoku-South Hokkaido Rail Pass
- JR East Pass Tohoku Area
- JR East Pass Nagano, Niigata Area
- Takayama-Hokuriku Area Tourist Pass
- Alpine-Takayama-Matsumoto Area Tourist Pass
- Mt.Fuji-Shizuoka Area Tourist Pass Mini
WEST JAPAN AREA (including Shikoku and Kyushu)
- Kansai Area Pass
- Kansai WIDE Area Pass
- Kansai-Hiroshima Area Pass
- Kansai-Hokuriku Area Pass
- Hokuriku Area Pass
- Osaka Tokyo Hokuriku Arch Pass
- Sanyo-San’in northern Kyushu Pass
- Sanyo-San’in Area Pass
- San’in & Okayama Area Pass
- Okayama-Hiroshima-Yamaguchi Area Pass
- Hiroshima-Yamaguchi Area Pass
- All Shikoku Rail Pass
- Setouchi Area Pass
- All Kyushu Area Rail Pass
- Northern Kyushu Area Pass
- Southern Kyushu Area Pass
- Ise-Kumano Wakayama Area Tourist Pass