BUY YOUR RAIL PASS WITH CONFIDENCE
You have an option to purchase your Japan Rail Pass from sellers located outside of Canada. But, please consider the following:
- Our selling prices are very competitive (POSSIBLY LOWEST!)
- Their shipping charges are often more than ours
- Your shipping must go through the Canada Customs (potential delay)
- As usually priced in US$ or Euro, you must pay a premium (difference between two different currencies) and your credit card company’s surcharge (usually 2.5-3%)
- You are likely to pay more than a $50 courier fee when you request a refund
You can eliminate all by purchasing your Japan Rail Pass from Kintetsu.
In addition, we offer a very friendly service!
WHAT’S A JAPAN RAIL PASS?
- With a JAPAN RAIL PASS, you can freely board almost any train on Japan Railways Group (JR Group) lines throughout Japan. For modern, convenient sightseeing, JAPAN RAIL PASS is a traveler’s best friend.
- A regular round-trip ticket between Tokyo and Osaka usually costs around 30,000 yen. With a 7-day rail pass, you can make this trip and much more… and for 7 consecutive days!
- The Japan RAIL PASS is not valid for “NOZOMI on JR TOKAIDO/SANYO” & “MIZUHO on JR SANYO/KYUSHU” Shinkansen trains. If you use a “NOZOM/MIZUHO trainsI”, you must pay the ordinary fare and the limited express charge, and if in a Green car, the Green car charge.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR A JAPAN RAIL PASS?
The Japan Rail Pass is available to:
- A foreign tourist visiting Japan from abroad under “temporary visitor” entry status.
- A Japanese national living in a foreign country who is a permanent resident of that country (sale terminated on March 31, 2017, but may resume on June 1, 2017 with some conditions).
- If you are a Japanese national who holds multiple passports, you must enter Japan with a passport other than Japanese (i.e. Canadian passport).
HOW TO OBTAIN A JAPAN RAIL PASS?
- You must purchase a Japan Rail Pass Exchange Order prior to your arrival in Japan. Kintetsu International Express (Canada) Inc. is an authorized sales agent for Japan Railways Group and offers a full selection of rail options.
- Japan Rail Pass is now available in Japan. However, you must pay MORE. “JAPAN RAIL PASS” sold in Japan on trial basis (March 8, 2017 – March 31, 2018) Click HERE for more information.
JAPAN RAIL PASS TYPES AND PRICES
- There are two types of JAPAN RAIL PASS: Green (for superior-class Green cars), and Ordinary. Each of these types is available as a 7-day, 14-day, or 21-day PASS.
LOCAL CURRENCY PRICES are as follows:
CA$ SELLING PRICES: Published at top of the page (right hand)
|TYPE||GREEN (1st class)||ORDINARY (2nd class)|
|07-day||38,880 YEN||19,440 YEN||29,110 YEN||14,550 YEN|
|14-day||62,950 YEN||31,470 YEN||46,390 YEN||23,190 YEN|
|21-day||81,870 YEN||40,930 YEN||59,350 YEN||29,670 YEN|
- The validity period of the JAPAN RAIL PASS is the consecutive 7, 14, or 21 days beginning on the date the PASS is first used.
- Within three months from the date the Exchange Order was issued, you must turn in your Exchange Order to obtain your JAPAN RAIL PASS.
- At that time, you have to specify the date that you want to start using the PASS. It can be any date within one month from the date the PASS is received.
- Once the PASS has a starting date written on it, the date cannot be changed.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
- The order is refundable if it is returned unused to the place of issue within one year of the date of issue. The amount refunded will be the amount paid less any applicable service charge and communication expenses (usually 15% of the purchase price).
LOST AND THEFT
- Neither the Exchange Order or JAPAN RAIL PASS will be reissued if lost or stolen. Please take care to keep these in a safe place.
PRICES & SHIPPING
- Our current selling prices in CA$ are shown at top of the page (right hand).
- Local pick ups are available in Toronto & Vancouver at no cost.
- Shipping from Toronto: Within Ontario & Quebec is $11 per shipping.
- Shipping from Vancouver: Within BC, Alberta, Saskachewan & Manitoba is $11.00 per shipping. Rest of Canada: $16.50 per shipping.
- We also offer regular Canada Post mail at your own risk free of charge (we take no responsibilities if the mail is lost in transit).
- If your departure is less than 10 days, please contact us first prior to placing an order as we may utilize a different shipping method.
OFFICIAL JAPAN RAIL PASS WEB SITE
- Click here for the official web site.
JAPAN RAIL PASS EXCHANGE OFFICES & HOURS
- Please click here for details.